Friday 14 August 2009

Under the hour

This was my last ride for a while as Ill be off with work. I did this Evan on our usual route up to Caerphilly and back: 20kms in under the hour: not bad going. I dont normally like to time myself over the same rides because there are so many other things that can affect your time, like how many people are in the way on the taff trail and things like that.


Bike route 281008 - powered by Bikemap 


When I lived in Swansea I used to time myself over a set course. I used to go out in the evening and time myself on the course below. Only trouble was that I used to just blast from the gun, then blow up on the first climb up to upper Killay, about 2 miles into the ride. It usually took about 45 mins, but there was a really dodgy descent and in my keenness to beat my record I used to take some risks. The last time I did it, my gear cable snapped and I was stuck in top.


Bike route 281384 - powered by Bikemap 

No comments:

Post a Comment