Sunday 2 January 2011

Amazing ride part 2

I rode halfway home from our annual holiday in Borth. The route was amazing. The climb out of Machynlleth is probably the highest altitude gain in Wales - you go from pretty much sealevel in Mach to over 500 metres by the top and the last sections of the climb are insane. The road back down to Llanidloes is hard - it should be downhill all the way you think but there are some steep sections up and down. Then the last bit to Rhayader was err eventful. I came across some triathletes and shot straight past them going uphill in the big ring (!) only for my chain to snap on the following descent - what was that about? I wasnt even peddling. I had a link extractor, but managed to break it whilst fixing the chain. The tri-guys shot past (thanks!) and then I had to soft pedal the last 8 miles, worried that the chain was going to snap again.



Bike route 586226 - powered by Bikemap 

No comments:

Post a Comment