Thursday 15 March 2012

Using Strava

This weekend I started using Strava - see my review below. Actually I also imported all my rides that I have GPS data into Strava so I can see how fast I rode up some of the hills I regularly go up. Its quite interesting comparing the times and seeing when I went fastest. It also affects how you ride - on sunday I rode up Gwern y Steeple hard to try and improve my time. I think up until now Ive just thought of hills as things to get over, rather than challenges to get over as fast as possible like I did when I was racing. It was disappointing that I had a GPS fail on saturday as I went up that long drag outside Ponty really hard, so I dont know how fast it actually was. But the rest of the ride was interesting, going past the old Cwm Colliery and getting lost in Tonyrefail. Going past the colliery was something I had planned on doing last year, but got lost when I tried to use Google maps on my new phone. This was 2 rides on the weekend - so things are hotting up. I even went to a bike shop to look at new bikes and have started thinking about arrangements to go to Ventoux.

No comments:

Post a Comment