Monday 10 August 2009

Recovering

According to this, wearing compression clothes helps your recovery. That means you can ride longer, harder, faster. Or as they put it:

"Skins™ BioAcceleration Technology™ has been developed over years of scientific research. Ongoing testing of elite athletes have proven that Skins™ BioAcceleration Technology™ creates marked improvements in reducing the build-up of lactic acid immediately after periods of sustained exercise (2hrs and 15 mins up to 37% ), and allows for more rapid return to normal levels (up to 38% at 20 minutes). You experience less fatigue, minimise soreness and recover faster".

My legs are still tired from yesterday: I had to put it in the middle ring on the way home from work today. So at this rate, I thought Id need all the help I can get so Ive invested in some of this. Not the skins stuff - thats exhorbitant, but a nice pair of compression socks, that'll even help me stop getting DVT on the way to New Zealand in a weeks time.

And here's a pic of me wearing them:


Please note: hairy legs. Not sure when to shave them, probably not until a couple of weeks before Ventoux.

No comments:

Post a Comment