Sunday 9 August 2009

Cowbridge

Another sunday morning ride followed by a swim. Went out via the lanes and managed to get a tow off a tractor coming into Cowbridge. Once I had a tow off a van from Barnstaple to Braunton at 40mph: he had zero acceleration and once up to speed it was really easy for me. Anyway, I went round the back of Cowbridge through some fiddly lanes and then was overtaken by someone on a Cervelo. Nice bike. I caught him back up at the start of the climbs and we had a chat. He had done 70 miles the day before and was on a short quick ride. I would have gone a lot slower had he not been there and by the time I went a different way at Bonvilston I was a bit tired. Coming back into Cardiff I decided to go over Rhydlafar. I got back in just over 2 hours - and the best average speed of the comeback so far!


Bike route 279100 - powered by Bikemap 

No comments:

Post a Comment